15 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature at Breaking The Spine which allows you to spotlight upcoming releases that you're really keen for!!

Author: Elizabeth Fama
Release Date: September 4th 2012
Publisher: Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Add it: Goodreads

Fierce, seductive mermaid Syrenka falls in love with Ezra, a young naturalist. When she abandons her life underwater for a chance at happiness on land, she is unaware that this decision comes with horrific and deadly consequences. Almost one hundred forty years later, seventeen-year-old Hester meets a mysterious stranger named Ezra and feels overwhelmingly, inexplicably drawn to him. 

For generations, love has resulted in death for the women in her family. Is it an undiagnosed genetic defect . . . or a curse? With Ezra’s help, Hester investigates her family’s strange, sad history. The answers she seeks are waiting in the graveyard, the crypt, and at the bottom of the ocean—but powerful forces will do anything to keep her from uncovering her connection to Syrenka and to the tragedy of so long ago.

Why I'm Waiting: Firstly, the title makes me go ga-ga. Also, is this going to be a tragic version of The Little Mermaid? Is this going to have reincarnation (Yayyyy!)? Love resulting in DEATH? OH I NEED THIS NOW.

 
Author: Kiersten White
Release Date: July 24th 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen 
Add it: Goodreads

The third book in the Paranormalcy trilogy.

The final chapter of Evie's adventures. Old friends, new ones, all wrapped up in impossible decisions. And some ball gowns. Because what's a life of normal and paranormal drama without a ball gown or two?

Why I'm Waiting: Does this really need an explanation? I'm obsessed with the series, I love Kiersten White and I'm in love with Evie. Clearly I'm itching to know what happens to her!

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet but Endlessly has such a beautiful cover!! Oh my. I can't take my eyes off her dress, hehe. :)

    My WoW

    Happy reading! xx
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I have Monstrous Beauty sitting on my shelf. Can't wait to read it, but I am waiting til closer to release lol.

    Here is my WOW

    W.O.W - Good Choice Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen Monstrous Beauty but from the summary it seems really good!
    Oh and I love the cover for Endlessly! Can't wait for it to come out as well!
    The wait is going to be long !

    Nick @ Nick's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still need to read Paranormalcy, but I bet Endlessly will be amazing!! Awesome pick Taneika!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... really interesting and different!! Endlessly sounds wild. I have yet to read Paranormalcy, but I can see why you're excited!! :-)

    Here's my Wow: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paranormalcy just arrived at the library and is waiting for me, I can't wait to pick it up. Great choice for a WoW. Stop by YA Fiction and Whiskey Sours to see our Wow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monstrous Beauty sounds amazing, I hadn't seen it before but now I'm really curious about it! I haven't read Supernaturally yet, but I'm still really excited for Endlessly! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting choices. I'm usually not one for mermaids, but I'm also waiting for Endlessly as well.

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eee! I have Paranormalcy and Supernaturally at home, and I'm seriously excited to read them... I mean... THE COVERS! SO PRETTY!
    But seriously, I hear amazing things.

    And Monstrous Beauty... REINCARNATION? I didn't even THINK of this! EEEEEE! WANT WANT WANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO READ THEM SARAH! They are incredibly funny! I read on the train/bus to uni alot and I ended up looking like a loser because I couldn't stop laughing at this book!
      And for Monstrous Beauty? I KNOW RIGHT. EEEEEE! I can't wait!!

      Delete
    2. Hehe! I know that EXACT feeling... sitting on the bus or train and grinning to myself and giggling, and cringing at the same time XD

      Delete
  10. Hey I've always love your blog!
    Always filled with good information and enjoying reads.
    So I'm awarding you with the "one Lovely Blog" award. Check out my post if you are interested! :D

    http://books-alltheway.blogspot.com/2012/02/marshmallows-win-lovely-blog-award.html

    BTW how did you make that pink boxes? I've been trying to figure it out for ages. Mind telling? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have Monstrous Beauty on my to-read list. Mermaids, the retelling, reincarnation... It just looks so good! I haven't read Paranormalcy so I can't say much about Endlessly, but I'm definitely looking forward to the series. Yeah, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks!

    FYI:Monstrous beauty's on Netgalley :)

    Thanks for stooping by
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3