8 September 2015

Top 10 Series I Haven't Finished!

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, and this week's Top 10 theme is, "Finished Series I am yet to Finish".

Now, let me get one thing straight. I am terrible when it comes to finishing series of books... You see, I will read a book, LOVE it and have every intention to continue the series, however the 1-2 year wait between books can make me lose interest or simply forget about the hype I felt in the first place (after reading so many books in between). On the other hand, I might just simply really dislike the first book and don't bother continuing!

At the beginning of the year, I made it a personal goal to read and finish a few of these series because they had finally been completed, but I still haven't caught up with series from my book blogging hiatus!

So here we go :)


1. Matched series by Ally Condie: Now, I'll be honest with this one, although I own the entire series, I thought book 1 was incredibly boring so I *might* finish it and give it another chance one day.

2. Penryn & The End of Days series by Susan Ee: I only just started this series this year and loved it! I'm still yet to read the third book, because I've had so many other things I need to read!

3. Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick: I intended to read Silence back when it was supposed to be the final book in the series, but then Finale was released and by then I just didn't care (let's be honest, I didn't really enjoy the first two anyway)

4. Hereafter series by Tara Hudson: I just found this book so god damn boring and I have no intention of continuing the series!

5. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: I tried so hard to like this book! I didn't hate it though and do hope to continue it soon!

6. Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephanie Perkins: It's a series according to Goodreads, okay! I ADORED Anna and Lola, but then Isla was delayed by about 2 years and I forgot about it until recently :( BUT I am purchasing the hardcover in the next few days :)

7. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare: I'm so sorry, TMI fans, I just found City of Bones SO BORING OMG. I didn't even finish it! I hope to give it another shot one day but considering my TBR pile, a gigantic series to catch up on isn't ideal at the moment

8. The Forsaken series by Lisa M. Stasse: I hated the first book, gave book 2 a chance and hated that one too. This series just isn't my cup of tea

9. The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater: Okay, I read the trilogy and thought I had finished, but alas, apparently not! Last year, I walk into my local bookstore and see ANOTHER installment staring up at me from the shelves and honestly had no idea it even existed. I bought it, just haven't read it yet!

10. Fallen series by Lauren Kate: Hahahah I used to love this series! (it's a guilty pleasure of mine, okay) I read up until the third book, Passion came out but never got around to the final one!

4 comments:

  1. I liked Under the Never Sky, but I LOVED Through the Ever Night. I think she left some important world building information for book 2 that made book one a little confusing, but I totally think it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have so many good sounding series listed - adding so many to my TBR list! Great listing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if it's a series according to Goodreads, then it's good enough for me! lol Anna & The French Kiss is on my out of control TBR list :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read hush hush series a long time ago, i read it in my language and i really liked it, and i also read the mortal instruemnts series in my language and i only read them this year. i read the first book of the matched trilogy in my language and i didnt like it, like u said it was boring for me too, i also want to read Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and
    Penryn & The End of Days series by Susan Ee i think i have the first and second book in ebook but i would liek to read it in my language but they havent translated them :c

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you makes me happy :)
Even if I don't reply, I see EVERY single comment and appreciate the time you've made to browse my blog!!
Thankyou <3